Every summer couples around the world plan to say their I do’s to one another in a warm, summery setting. Unlike winter weddings, summer weddings generally allow for more whimsical and non-traditional wedding wear. This is mostly because summer is so hot and also a more casual time of year in general. Below are just a few of our picks for beautiful summer wedding dresses. Continue reading
Keeping a well organized purse is almost as important as making sure your home and office are kept tidy and neat. Many of us have experienced our cell phones ringing, but cannot locate them because the inside of our purse is so messy. We look for our keys but have to turn our purse upside down before we can find them. Purse accessories can not only look great, but also help to keep your handbags organized and neat.
Below are some purse accessories that can be very helpful and also add some style to your otherwise standard handbag:
- A removable clutch is the perfect accessory for those of us who love carrying a larger purse or handbag. The removable clutch adds color, but it can also be used as a smaller purse when you don’t need as much room.
- Key chains and a D ring are ideal for women who struggle to find their keys in their bag regularly. We have all done this before, so adding a D ring makes sense as it helps to avoid that time consuming annoyance.
- THEHOOKUP is another great accessory (yes, we’re shamelessly plugging our product in this blog). We take pride in our purses and THEHOOKUP allows us to ensure that they are always safely hung away from dirty surfaces. THEHOOKUP is very stylish, classy, and comes in three different finishes to accommodate any style purse or bag. It also hangs easily from just about any surface and is capable of holding more than 30 lbs. of handbag weight.
- Clip on accessories, such as flowers or other bold designs, can take a purse from conservative to eye-catching.
- Matching jewelry can add that last burst of color and compliment your entire ensemble. For a total overall chic look, make sure to not overdo it on your jewelry as this can look too cluttered.
All of these accessories work well together too! Starting your very own purse accessory collection will not only help you get organized, but also help you spice up the look of your otherwise normal handbags.
The information provided can be found at www.maillardvillemanor.com.
They say April showers bring May flowers and though it is already May you can still expect to see some rain in the coming weeks. With that, it’s essential that every fashionista has a stylish raincoat to help take her gloomy days from dull to glamorous. Below are just a few of our top picks for raincoat styles this spring!
The Best Raincoat Styles for Spring 2013:
- The trench- Trench coats have been popular for years and add a classic touch to any outfit. Great because they are long in length, these coats help to keep more of your body dry in a rain storm. Also, this coat gives a very sophisticated, classy edge to an otherwise average outfit. If you want to go with a preppy look try a Khaki colored trench. Conversely, if you want to make a louder statement, try a trench with a bright, graphic pattern. Add a spring scarf to add some extra coverage and style.
- The waxed raincoat- This design is trendy and serves as excellent rain gear as its wax-like exterior makes it extra water repellent. This look adds a sleek sheen to your average raincoat and dresses up a gloomy day outfit. These jackets often come in longer lengths as well. Depending on what color you purchase this coat can also function as a lighter fall coat as well, making it a versatile option.
- Your classic slicker- It’s quite possible that when you were 5 your mom dressed you in a bright yellow rain slicker. However, these bright colored slickers can still be a cute look in adulthood. Obviously, with such bright, loud colors (like pink and yellow) you have to be careful to not overdo it. However, if worn correctly this look can be very sweet and flirtatious. If you’re too timid to wear the bright slicker, try to go for a bright pair of yellow rain boots instead.
Regardless of your style there’s a raincoat out there that’s perfect for you. Always remember to wear what’s comfortable and makes you feel good. However, if there’s ever a time to explore clothing outside of your comfort zone it’s with a raincoat (you won’t have to wear it every day and you don’t wear it for long periods of time). Happy shopping!
Each season there are always different trends being introduced. We’ve updated you with some in past posts but now we’ve compiled even more. Check out our list below to find out what’s in this spring.
Time to Get Caught Up with Spring’s New Trendy Changes
- One great new trend this season is wearing pins. Wear a pin on a shirt that might need a bit of color or touch of embellishment. The great thing about pins is that you can use either modern or vintage pins to accessorize your outfit. They’re also very versatile and can be worn with a basic white shirt or bold blouse, making them a great addition to any outfit.
- Flare jeans are making their comeback this spring. Wear this style with a pair of high heeled sandals to make your legs look long and lean. High waisted flared jeans are even better as they help flatten any tummy imperfections.
- Head scarfs are also making a strong entrance this spring. For the days when your hair just isn’t cooperating use a scarf to not only add style to your outfit, but also maintain your unruly locks. Wear this accessory in a hippie-chic way by making it a forehead headband or wear it in a 60′s style tying a bow under a low hanging ponytail. This look is casual chic.
- White high heel pumps are also making their comeback this season. Initially brought to us in the 80′s, this fresh, seductive look is great with a pair of flared jeans, a summery skirt, or even a pair of shorts. This style pump has been seen recently on the feet of celebrities like Emmy Rossum and the stunning Blake Lively.
- One of the most popular looks for spring 2013 is short shorts paired with a bright colored or pattern blazer. Most would run and hide at the thought of short shorts, but rest assured that a pair of nude nylons can hide any imperfections and go virtually unnoticed. Add a pair of heels to this outfit and be ready for a night out on the town or a sexy date.
Always take the time to try on anything new you plan on adding to your springtime wardrobe. Feeling comfortable and good in what you’re wearing will make an outfit complete so ensure that this is the case before you whip out that credit card at your favorite boutique.
New York City is famous for some of the most daring and trendy styles and fashion. Fashion shows take place in NYC year-round and boast the newest designer collections. From the city streets to the catwalk, fashion implodes when the sun starts to brighten the city streets. Spring fashion is re-born each year and below are just some of the events Manhattanites have to look forward to in the coming months.
Where To Find The Fashion
- Sam Edelman at Bloomingdale’s at 59th & 1000 Third Avenue. This event will be held on April 19th from 6pm – 8pm. Not only will Sam Edelman be at Bloomingdale’s, but he will also have his new spring line of shoes available. All of the purchases will come with a special gift.
- Manhattan Vintage Friday, Apr 19th from 1pm to 8pm at the Metropolitan Pavilion. Designers from Phillip Lim, Angela Missoni, and Donna Karan will be showing off their fashion talent. This even is also very popular among celebrities.
- 2013 Pratt Institute Fashion Show + Cocktail Benefit Honoring Thom Browne on Thursday, Apr 25th at 6pm. The location for this event is Center548 at 548 West 22nd Street in Manhattan. The tickets for this show start at $75.
- Latina Fashion Week presents “Ola” on Tuesday, Oct 8th at 7pm. The Latina fashion show will be held at the Solo Event Space in the heart of the Financial District. There are several different options to choose from with tickets and other VIP services. For additional information, please call (202) 587-5663.
These are just a few of the many upcoming fashion events in New York City for spring 2013. The wonderful thing about such a wide variety of spring fashion in such a condensed metropolitan area this time of year is that it not only brings sun to the sidewalks, but exciting fashion events to look forward to as well!
Here at THEHOOKUP, we are obsessed with handbags! This season there are so many exciting styles available.
Out with the old (or at least stored in the back of your closet) and in with the new!
Here are this season’s must have trends for handbags!
The See-Through Purse
For the true exhibitionist, who doesn’t mind letting the city know what they hold inside their handbag, this trend is for you!
From Chanel, to Valentino Runway, the clear handbag was a clear hit!
City girls don’t wear lace; they wear leather that looks like lace. By taking leather and laser cutting beautiful intricate shapes, it transforms tough leather into a delicate masterpiece.
This is a trend that is not going away anytime soon. From black and white to multi colors, color blocking is here to stay. What’s great about this trend is that it’s a fun way to incorporate some color into your wardrobe. For those of you who only wear black all year round. Try something new this spring!
From stripes, to checks, to geometric shapes and flowers, prints are all over handbags this season. It’s a kind of updated, re-interpreted mod look at Louis Vuitton and Marni.
Small Top Handles
Smaller versions of large handbags are the way to go this spring. This season release your inner lady who lunches, and try a small top handle. Still large enough to fit your cellphone, wallet, keys and lip-gloss!
Please make sure to check our Facebook page for more handbag Spring 2013 Trends!
Just when you thought the holiday season was finally over… The red, pink and white color theme in store’s, is here to remind you that there is one more holiday just around the corner.
Sorry gentlemen, this one is all about the ladies. You guessed it, Valentine’s Day!
So before you start stressing about what to get that special someone here is my top 5 list of ultra luxurious Valentine’s Day gifts. Continue reading
In 1837, a 16-year old Louis Vuitton traveled by foot from Jura, in eastern France, to Paris to work as an apprentice luggage maker. Little did he know that his passion for creating quality travel bags would turn his name into a global brand synonymous with luxury and quality. In the 1930s the label launched the Louis Vuitton Speedy, a practical leather handbag that remains as stylish today as it was over seventy years ago. Continue reading
Marc Jacobs is one of the most popular designers in the fashion industry right now, and has been riding the wave of success for over a decade. He is the head designer for Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Jacobs has also been the creative director of the French design house Louis Vuitton.
From classic to boho-chic your designer handbag is an accessory that immediately polishes your look and makes a statement about you. It is no surprise that we invest in the perfect designer handbags for work, dressy affairs and for everyday casual use.